Having a hard time choosing the right cookware sets for your home? Since the number of cookware brands seems to be growing day by day, it is important you understand which ones are the best for your kitchen and cooking needs. From stainless steel cookware to cast iron to aluminium and copper, today the choices are many. And confusing the issue even more is the clad style range which is non stick cookware made up of two or more different metals.
Some tips to keep in mind:
* Nonstick cookware sets are easy to use and clean and also are a healthy choice. All these utensils have a Teflon coating that removes the need for using excess oil while cooking and also come in very attractive shapes and designs in many sizes. You can find nonstick cookware sets and can also find single pieces. While sets come are more cost effective, if you need just a pan or a skillet then a set will be a waste of money.
* If you love baking and grilling, invest in quality oven cookware and microwave cookware. These will withstand the heat and most are also aesthetically pleasing enough to serve your food in. When you are looking for microwave cookware set, think of your requirements. Buying 20 piece set can be an expensive waste if you don’t use more than 4 to 5 pieces at any time. You can choose a set of 3 to 5 containers, which can be used for cooking or reheating and when not in use, will fit one in to another for easy storage.
* While ceramic cookware is perfect for oven and even cooktop cooking in most cases, electric cookware is fast becoming just as popular. Rice cookers and steamers that cook using electricity can help save a lot of time and effort in the kitchen.
* Because cookware sets comes in so much variety and designs, when choosing any pot or pan keep in mind the combined weight of the utensil and food. This will mean you will have more usable, functional and practical utensils in the kitchen rather than just matching pans that are barely ever used because their weight is an inconvenience.
* Be sure that the induction cookware set you have bought is made of sturdy materials that resist denting and warping. It’s important to ascertain that with any utensils, the handles are comfortable to hold and grip and securely attached. A pan that has a great anodized surface for cooking but a loosely attached handle that hasn’t been riveted for a firm hold will not be practical in the long run. So even if you have to increase your budget, choose a utensil that is easy to handle and becomes more functional for everyday use.
* While matching pots and pans can look attractive lined above the kitchen counter, you must make sure that you don’t buy a stainless steel cookware set only because it all looks good together. Each individual piece you purchase must serve an individual function; or you are just wasting your money.
* Make sure that with any cookware, you wash and clean according to the instructions given in the warranty card. Only with proper care and maintenance will they serve you well for a lifetime.
Putting the Ozark Trail 3-Piece Cookware Set to a test. We make some simple modifications and brew up some delicious bushcraft coffee. I also show how I use a tripod and toggle to hang my cook pot. This inexpensive cook set can be picked up at Walmart.
SUBSCRIBE HERE –
Video Rating: / 5