As we are all aware, the kitchen is located in a central position in the house and therefore, we should also ensure that precautions are made not only to safeguard the safety of our family members, but our household applicances as well. Although most of the manufacturers do use unique shock resistance and weather proof materials to create the appliances, it’s always good to take additional measures to ensure that our appliances are protected. Such as covering up our outdoor gas grills to shield them from the harmful effects of the elements.
Why Use Grill Covers?
Believe it or not but a majority of the households nowadays either have a grill in their yard. Either a gas grill, a charcoal grill and so on. Appliances like these needs proper care and maintenance. Any neglect will result in an impact on their performance. Here are some reasons why such grill covers can have an impact on its functionality.
(1) Safe from Weather Elements & Pests
As mentioned earlier, a durable grill cover can help to safeguard your appliance from the harmful effects of the weather elements. Since gas grills are usually placed outdoors, the exposure to sun, rain and at times snow may in turn accelerate the corrosion of the grills. It also prevents dust and the accumulation of moisture which may lead to rusting of the grill over time. Many a times, such grills are also great breeding grounds for pests such as rats and other micro organisms. Having a good grill cover minimizes that risk.
(2) Enhance Lifespan of Your Gas Grill
By protecting your grill from the harmful effects of the weather and pests, you’re inevitably maintaining the condition of your grill since that reduces its wear and tear in a great way and that in turns help you save a lot! Think of it this way, instead of getting a new grill every other 3 years, you get to use your old one for 5 years or more. Does that make buying a gas grill cover a worthy investment?
What Are The Things To Consider When Getting Gas Grill Covers?
Some people tend to focus on the costs when getting gas grill covers. However, the conventional wisdom that you get what you pay for rings true here. Quality grill covers are more durable and also possess mechanisms that makes them more effective when it comes to protecting your grills so do weigh your considerations discretely. Here are some pointers to help you get a good deal :
(1) Good quality materials. Always go for gas grill covers which are made of heavy duty fabric that both tighten the copper around the grill as well as be resistant to conditions such as moisture, heat, moisture and extreme coldness. Some materials can be easily ripped off during winter.
(2) Tight fit. Make sure your cover is tightly covering the gas grill. That means, get the proper size for the grill cover so that moisture, insects and other pests cannot get into the grill easily.
(3) Non conductor of electricity. This can help prevent accidents such as electrocution from occuring. It should also be static free to prevent any dust, dirt accumulation.
Karl Engel, head chef of award winning BBQ team Pigcasso (http://on.fb.me/135gETN), discusses the pros and cons of gas and charcoal grills. http://artofmanliness.com
Video Rating: / 5